New Year's Beauty Resolution 2023: New Skin, New Me, New Life
Believe it or not, the year is almost over. Now, it’s the time to ditch the bad habits of 2022 behind and reset your beauty goals and lifestyle to become a better me in 2023. Need a starting point? That’s where we come in. Here, we’ve created a list of achievable New Year’s beauty resolutions that help you calm down, relieve stress and anxiety, and live a richer, healthier, and more beautiful life.
- Improve Your Beauty and Skincare Habits
Update your New Year's skincare resolution routine to feel and look your best in the new year.
- Start the Double Cleansing Routine
Making sure you cleanse your skin correctly and adequately is one of the most significant steps in preventing breakouts and maintaining beautiful skin. For the perfect cleanse, we recommend an oil cleanser like PCA Skin Daily Cleansing Oil for the first wash, followed by a second cleanse with a nourishing cream cleanser like PCA Skin Creamy Cleanser.
- Use a Daily SPF
Your skin doesn't like the sunlight that much. Sunscreens often have variable SPF and provide variable levels of sun protection. This year, let's combat sun damage to our skin by applying sunscreen daily. The best SPF is the one you can wear every day, and we love the EltaMD UV Clear Tinted Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 – it protects skin from both damaging UVA and UVB rays.
- Pay More Attention to the Eyes
The skin around the eyes produces much less natural oil and is thinner than the rest of the face, making it more prone to skin problems like fine lines and wrinkles that can age you faster. Regularly take special care of the eyes with a dedicated eye product, such as OBAGI ELASTIderm Eye Cream - it's ophthalmologist-tested to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and rejuvenate skin.
- Don’t Skimp on a Facial Serum
Applying a facial serum every morning and evening is the perfect solution to boost hydration and leave healthy, younger-looking skin. SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF Antioxidant Serum is our recommendation for the best serum to help you achieve your skin health goals. It contains 2% phloretin, 10% pure vitamin C, and 0.5% ferulic acid to boost the ability to prevent atmospheric skin aging.
- Exfoliating Regularly is a Must
Exfoliation removes the buildup of dead skin cells, leaving skin smoother, healthier, brighter, and radiant from the inside out. Regularly exfoliating your skin can promote the absorption of skincare products and help your makeup blend seamlessly. Try the ZO Skin Health Exfoliating Cleanser to polish away makeup and impurities, leaving you looking radiant and refreshed for the new year.
- Stay Moisturized from Morning to Night
Hydrates and plumps your skin in the morning so your foundation looks flawless. Moisturizing your skin at night restores moisture lost during the day, allowing the skin to repair itself overnight. All skin types need regular moisturizing. Find a moisturizer like SkinCeuticals Daily Moisture that complements your skin type and use it daily.
- Get a Beauty Sleep
Sleep encourages the skin to produce new collagen, which prevents sagging and wrinkles. Good quality beauty sleep can promote skin blood circulation, and repair and renew cells. Researchers found that people who get enough sleep (7-9 hours per night) are considered more attractive.
Here are some rituals to maximize your beauty sleep:
- Make sure to remove your makeup before bed to avoid clogged pores, congested skin, and irritated eyes.
- Taking a hot bath with a spa massage shower head can help you relax your muscles, accelerate blood circulation, and rejuvenate your skin.
- Try aromatherapy with an essential oil diffuser or scented candle to help you relax mentally and physically.
- Wearing a silk eye mask will help you block out any unwanted light for a good night's sleep, and opting for a silk pillowcase can also help with deep sleep. A silky surface protects your skin from any friction that can cause the skin to crease or hair to knot, break, tangle and tangle.
- Unplug your phone and TV, as blue light can affect your ability and quality of sleep.
- Eat Healthy for More Beautiful Skin
You are what you eat—how your skin looks on the outside depends in part on what's going on inside you. So, in 2023, choose the right ingredients for your food menu to maintain and restore beautiful skin.
Sea moss can be traditionally used as a face mask for treating scars and discoloration. But when making smoothies, juices, or teas, you can add sea moss as it can prevent premature aging by promoting growth and healthy skin cell function. Turmeric, containing a compound called curcumin, is a natural-antioxidant ingredient that boosts collagen production, helps skin regeneration, and helps fight inflammation. Plus, turmeric makes a delicious addition to any meal, whether it's a drink, side dish, or main course.
- Exercise to Get a Beautiful Shape
Exercise is a vital part of our lives and can help with weight loss, building muscle and shape, developing physical skills, and maintaining health.
Here are some exercises to help you keep fit and get in better shape in 2023:
- Jumping jacks – helps warm you up for the upcoming workout and increase your cardiovascular endurance and heart fitness.
- Reverse lunges – helps balance and increase core, quadriceps, and glute strength.
- Plank with shoulder taps – helps strengthen the core and shoulder muscles.
- Mountain climbers – help increase flexibility as well as core and cardiovascular strength.
- Forearm planks – helps increase core strength.
- Yoga – helps improve strength, balance, and flexibility, and relaxes you for better sleep.
Why Is Skin Health Important?
Skin is actually the body’s largest organ and its main function is to work as a battier to prevent pathogens and other harmful substances from penetrating your body. It makes us feel whether something is hot or cold, soft or hard, sharp or dull. It can regulate your body’s fluids and temperature. Plus, smooth, radiant, healthy skin helps you feel and look your best.
What Are the Beauty Tips for Face?
To help restore your skin's freshness and purity, we've rounded up some of the best facial beauty tips from dermatologists that can benefit just about everyone.
- Use skincare products tailored to your skin's needs.
- Gently wash your face twice a day
- Always apply sunscreen every day before going outside.
- Always use eye cream.
- Getting enough sleep.
- Always use silk pillowcases.
- Massage your face.
- Avoid stress.
- Don’t smoke and drink more water.
With just a few simple tweaks or additions to your skincare routine and lifestyle habits, you can give yourself a lot to look forward to every day. We hope one of these beauty resolutions can work for you in 2023.