Celebrate Read in the Bathtub Day with a Good Book
Tired of the same old bath routine? Then why not mix things up on Read in the Bathtub Day and treat yourself to a relaxing soak while enjoying a good book! Reading in the bath is an ideal way to relax, unwind, and escape from all your day-to-day worries. From classic novels to contemporary bestsellers, reading in the bath allows you to explore new stories and characters without ever leaving your tub. So this Read in the Bathtub Day, make sure to grab your favorite book and get ready for a luxurious experience!
A brief history of Read in the Bathtub Day
National Read In The Bathtub Day is a yearly observance on February 9. The tradition of reading in the bath can be traced all the way back to ancient Rome. As it turns out, the Romans were quite fond of their baths and would often enjoy a good book while soaking in hot water. This practice eventually spread throughout Europe and beyond, becoming a popular pastime for many people up until modern times.
How to choose the perfect book for a relaxing bath?
When it comes to choosing a book for your bath time read, it’s important to find something that will both keep you entertained and provide the perfect backdrop for a relaxing soak. A great novel with an engrossing plot is sure to do the trick, as is a light-hearted comedy or romantic story. If you’re looking for something a bit shorter, short stories or poetry collections are great options.
If you’re looking for ideas on what book to read while lounging in the bath, here are a few reading list suggestions:
- IT STARTS WITH US - by Colleen Hoover
- IT ENDS WITH US - by Colleen Hoover
- VERITY - by Colleen Hoover
- BOOK LOVERS - by Emily Henry
- SUPERFAN: HOW POP CULTURE BROKE MY HEART - by Jen Sookfong Lee
- WHERE TO FROM HERE - by Bill Morneau
- SPARE - by Prince Harry The Duke of Sussex
- 8 RULES OF LOVE - by Jay Shetty
- HOW TO BE LOVE(D) - by Humble Humble The Poet
- TOMORROW, AND TOMORROW, AND TOMORROW - by Gabrielle Zevin
- KING OF WRATH - by Ana Huang
- HAPPY PLACE - by Emily Henry
- DOWNSHIFTOLOGY HEALTHY MEAL PREP - by Lisa Bryan
- GORDON RAMSAY BREAD STREET KITCHEN - by Gordon Ramsay
- THE VEGAN DIET FOR BEGINNERS - by Lauren Mcneill
- THE BRAIN HEALTH KITCHEN - by Annie Fenn
- NOURISHING VEGAN EVERY DAY - by Amy Lanza
Self-Help & Wellness
- ATOMIC HABITS - by James Clear
- THE LIGHT WE CARRY - by Michelle Obama
- HEALING THROUGH WORDS - by Rupi Kaur
Teen & Young Adult
- FIVE SURVIVE - by Holly Jackson, Random House
- THE FIRST TO DIE AT THE END - by Adam Silvera
- THE BALLAD OF NEVER AFTER - by Stephanie Garber
- KINGDOM OF THE FEARED - by Kerri Maniscalco
How to read in the bathtub without getting the book wet?
The key to reading in the bath without worrying about wet pages is to use a waterproof book cover. These covers allow you to enjoy your favorite books without having to worry about them getting damaged by water or steam. You can also use bath tray or caddy to keep your book safely above the water level.
What are the benefits of reading in the bathtub?
1. It’s a great way to relax and unwind
Reading in the warm bath is a great way to forget about all your worries and focus on something enjoyable.
2. It promotes creativity
Being submerged in hot water can help stimulate creative thinking, making it an ideal environment for reading a book or writing stories.
3. It often leads to better sleep
Bathtub reading can help you relax and prepare for a good night’s rest.
4. It’s an opportunity to explore new stories and characters
Bathroom reading allows you to discover new books, characters, and narratives that may have otherwise gone unnoticed.
5. It helps you appreciate the little things in life
Taking time to appreciate the simple pleasure of soaking in a hot bath and reading your favorite library book can help you recognize the beauty in all aspects of life.
Additional tips and ideas for celebrating Read in the Bathtub Day
- Plan ahead and give yourself plenty of time to relax in the warm bath. This way, you can savor every moment and enjoy your book without feeling rushed.
- If you’re feeling brave, try reading with a glass of your favorite beverage in hand. This can help make the experience even more enjoyable.
- Don’t forget to add some candles or soothing music to create a truly tranquil atmosphere. Scented bath salts or essential oils can also help enhance the experience.
- Bubble bath or a bath bomb are always a good idea to turn your reading/bathing experience into an aromatic journey.
- Most importantly, take some time to really dive into your book and get lost in the story.
- Use body care products such as VIVIER AGE-DEFYING BODY LOTION or ALASTIN TRANSFORM BODY TREATMENT after your bath to help your skin feel silky smooth.
So this Read in the Bathtub Day, make sure to grab your favorite book and experience the ultimate relaxation!